Volunteer & Other Opportunities at Noble View Outdoor Center!
Noble View Outdoor Center has no paid full time staff. We rely on volunteers to run and maintain the property. Please consider volunteering regularly at Noble View. There’s always work to do, and great people to work with, and fun and a sense of satisfaction to be had! In addition to committing to one or more of the volunteer workdays, your help is always welcome on Trail Work Days.
If you're interested in any of of the administrative volunteer positions below, please contact Frank Evans below.
Noble View Committee
Noble View seeks Committee members for the following positions:
- Chair - to work with volunteers, the Noble View Committee, and AMC staff to accomplish our short- and long-term goals.
- Vice-Chair - to help coordinate and facilitate the work of the Committee.
- Marketing - to attract AMC members and the public to the property for programs, events, and general use.
- Programs - to organize and conduct or facilitate programs and events at the property.
- Property - to oversee buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Trails - to coordinate volunteers to perform trail work and help with clearing invasives.
- Registrar - Noble View seeks a Registrar to handle the following responsibilities:
- Responding to phone messages and email requests for information about Noble View facilities and amenities
- Accepting and maintaining reservations, and scheduling use of the facility using an Excel spreadsheet
- Receiving key deposits, mailing keys out to guests, and receiving returned keys
- Collecting lodging and user fees by mail and forwarding to Noble View Treasurer
- These duties will take two to three hours per week. Toll phone calls will be reimbursed by Noble View. This is a good volunteer position for someone who wants to help out, but prefers to do so from home.
If you have experience running a snow plow or snow blower, and are willing to help out with plowing and clearing after snow storms. A paid stipend is available for your efforts
Available on Friday evenings from 5:00pm to 7:00pm to meet & help settle our clientele. Responsible to review building and camp procedure plus answer questions. A paid stipend is available for your efforts.
Are you familiar with the operation of a Farm Tractor. Our fields and entrance road requires brush hogging twice a year, other tacks may involve winter snow plowing and ground maintenance. A paid stipend is available for your efforts
Lawn Mowing and Trimming
We have lawns around the cottages that need to be mowed (and weed whacked around boulders, trees, etc.) every couple of weeks from spring through fall, and other areas that need to be mowed less regularly. Estimate 6 hrs. required every 1-1/2 weeks operating a large riding lawn mower / tractor.
Construction Maintenance Projects
Maintenance volunteers, skilled or unskilled, are needed to help maintain the infrastructure, performing duties such as minor carpentry, painting, and various building repairs.
We've just completed a fantastic trail map, and will need to blaze the trails when the snow melts.
Trail Work Days
Trail work days are held from time to time to clear debris, cut back encroaching vegetation, and generally maintain Noble View's trails. No experience or tools necessary!
Check the News and Events page for scheduled trail work days and contact information.
Invasive Plant Removal
Invasive plants are a problem throughout Massachusetts, crowding out native vegetation and degrading natural habitats by aggressive seeding and spreading. At Noble View, it's an ongoing challenge to keep the woods and meadow areas free of Japanese barberry, autumn olive, Bell's honeysuckle, burning bush, and many others.
If you'd like to help with invasive cleanup--especially if you can mobilize a group of volunteers
Stone Wall Restoration
We need help finishing the stone wall restoration projects along the entry road, and on the north border of the meadows north of the buildings.